killerqueer: Grantaire giving side eye while drinking wine straight from a bottle (Default)
[personal profile] killerqueer
Happy (Belated) New Year, folks!

two log cabins with snow on the roofs in a wintery forest the text snowflake challenge january 1 - 31 in white cursive text

 
The Icebreaker Challenge: Introduce yourself. Tell us why you're doing the challenge, and what you hope to gain from it.

I'm [personal profile] killerqueer 🐉 I go by R — I'm in my 30s, my pronouns are they/he, my favorite color is green and I live in the Pacific Northwest of the USA! I'm a crafter (knitting/sewing/etc), I've been in fandom spaces on and off for over 20 years at this point, and I am both a fic writer and an artist! My current hyperfixation is Knives Out (specifically Wake Up Dead Man), but I am also into M*A*S*H, Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, Star Trek, Avatar: The Last Airbender (OG Cartoon ofc), Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The X-files, Les Mis, and many other fandoms! I have also been studying Spanish for the past year and have made quite a bit of progress, which I'm very proud of!

Some of my favorite art pieces I did in 2025:

A digital painting of Paul McCartney in the 'Fool on a Hill' music video in the style of a tarot card. A series of digital sketches of Klinger in the M*A*S*H episode 'Springtime' A digital painting of Todd and Dirk from Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Dirk is leaning back with his head resting in Todd's hands. They are about to kiss.

I'm a little late to the party, but I just found and decided to do do the [community profile] snowflake_challengebecause I've been wanting to get more active on Dreamwidth/maybe make some friends in a more connection-based, old school forum like this. I've been really struggling the last year and a half, both materially/physically and mentally/emotionally. I lost my job due to budget cuts in August of 2024 and have been on that unemployment grind for the last 18 months which is seriously killing me, and my various chronic illnesses and poor mental health have been really putting me through the wringer. Other online spaces have been tough for me lately, so spending time on a more slow-paced/less popularity-contest driven style of social media is particularly appealing to me. I hope that I'll be able to make some new friends/find folks with similar interests to me!

If anyone is seeing this, please do say hello! I hope you're having a nice day 💚



Date: 2026-01-25 03:52 pm (UTC)
pronker: saola medium shot (Default)
From: [personal profile] pronker
Good morning and welcome to the challenge - it's just a laid back way to begin a new year. I'm admiring your art, the palettes in particular - go you!

Date: 2026-01-26 06:05 am (UTC)
tjs_whatnot: (Default)
From: [personal profile] tjs_whatnot
Firstly *sigh* Tom Waits.

Secondly, *sigh* M*A*S*H*

Thirdly, hi! Hello! How are you?!

I hope you've been exploring the challenges and hopping around to other interesting participants and making connections and whatnot. It's a good time. ❤️❤️

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags

Profile

killerqueer: Grantaire giving side eye while drinking wine straight from a bottle (Default)
🌈 r 🐉

Style Credit

Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:27 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios
January 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 2026